The Newcomer Entrepreneur Accelerator Program is a six-month accelerator program supported in part by funding from the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP). This project is oriented to support 10 companies led by newcomer entrepreneurs in Canada. Companies will develop a clear marketing and sales strategy, identify funding opportunities, develop an IP strategy, and develop a structure ready to hire new talent, among other deliverables, to help the company integrate into Canada’s ecosystem and recover in a post-pandemic economy.
This program runs for six months from September 2022 to March 2023.
This program offers:
- Sales pitch preparation
- Investment pitch preparation
- Four designated business mentors
- One designated market expert mentor
- Fundamentals of intellectual property
- Presentation to our local community in Canada
- Customized community event
- Demo Day participation
- C-fractional executive assigned
- Marketing and event assistant assigned
- Business growth lectures
- Co-working space
- Alumni referral to Acceleration+ in partnership with TechPlace, Haltech and Innovation Hamilton
- Headquartered in Canada
- Minimum 50% of the company owned/co-owned by a newcomer (Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen who has lived in Canada for less than ten years)
- Demonstrated traction, either through sales, investment, grants or number of users
- Fewer than 500 employees
- Companies developing new technologies to pursue IP in Canada
- This program requires a $500 company contribution for participation.
Pilot project funded by the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP).
- Check our FAQ
- Check our Youtube Channel with past info-sessions
- Check our next Info-Session (you can join free!)
- Add your email to our newsletter to receive news and updates about our programs
- Send us a note in case you don’t find your answer or would like to share any comments (Contact@LatAmStartups.org)